Editorial Director – Full Time – Sydney
The Editorial Director is a senior position at Pinstripe Media with responsibility for the success of the company’s digital publishing network. They will lead the development, implementation, and ongoing evolution of the editorial strategy for each individual publication, as well as managing the internal and external editorial staff.
Pinstripe Media is a business that thrives on innovation and creativity, and cherishes the opportunity to try new things and push boundaries. The Editorial Director must reflect this with obsessive dedication and desire to get results. There is no room for the ordinary or run-of-the-mill thinking.
The primary objective of the Editorial Director is to constantly and consistently deliver growth and excellence across the digital network. Growth is centered around the key performance metrics of the digital publications such as traffic, engagement, subscriptions, social activity, and overall brand perception. Excellence relates to the quality of our content, whether it is editorial or commercial in nature and across various formats including written, video, audio, and experiential.
This role needs an entrepreneurial thinker who has an innate understanding of digital publishing, audience development, and commercial integration. They will need to quickly grasp the purpose and mission of our publications, develop a genuine appreciation for what makes our audiences tick, and bring new strategic ideas for enhancing how we deliver on our mission.
They will also be deeply in-tune with the commercial side of digital publishing, working with sales and product teams to develop new opportunities with brands, agencies, as well as developing our own products and revenue streams.
The Editorial Director must be a true leader who can get the best out of the people around them – not just within the editorial team but from other teams within the business. They will need to be deeply involved in the commercial operations of the business and working on brand content campaigns.
- Lead the development and ongoing implementation of the editorial strategy for the Pinstripe Media network of websites
- Growth of the network across all measurement metrics including traffic, engagement, social following, and subscriptions
- Management of the editorial team including journalists and digital managers
- Oversee the execution of commercial content campaigns and their success in terms of reaching targets of reach and engagement
- Work with commercial team to develop new opportunities for revenue growth through campaigns and digital product development
- Represent Pinstripe Media externally with partners, stakeholders, and in industry events
If you’re perfect for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org