The Content & Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, managing, and reporting on both in-house and client marketing and content campaigns. The role involves working closely with internal teams as well as with clients, and will need someone who can easily and enthusiastically jump between strategy and delivery. It needs strategic thinking and an understanding of content and marketing frameworks for both B2B and B2C audiences, as well as exceptional campaign management and the ability to deliver a make sure campaign performs to KPIs.
When it comes to the campaigns that this role will be leading, these will be diverse, challenging and exciting to work on. They will include campaigns that will roll out across our owned media channels including TV and digital media and content sponsorships, as well as digital and content campaigns in external digital, media, and client-owned channels. In addition you will support growth marketing campaigns for our own business which focus on audience and subscriber growth, and sales of events and digital products.
The person will work across all digital channels, including social media and paid advertising, display, content marketing and other growth marketing tactics. It may also include involvement in above-the-line campaigns.
The responsibilities include…
- Helping put together all sorts of strategies: content strategy, digital marketing strategy, go-to-market strategy, social strategy… for both our clients as well as our own business units
- Working with the commercial team to formulate and present strategies and proposals to clients in response to marketing and media briefs
- Manage all elements of marketing campaign delivery: project timelines and critical paths, working with internal teams for content development, briefing and managing external freelancers and partner agencies involved in campaigns, tracking and optimising of campaign performance, reporting and insights
- Working with clients throughout the delivery of campaigns, including holding regular Work-in-Progress meetings
- Coming up with creative ideas for campaign content which relate to the brief or strategy, as well as unique ways to get results from the campaign and outperform expectations
- Be up to date with best practice and changes in the media and marketing landscape, including trends and opportunities, industry/competitor platforms and the way they are approaching content, storytelling and corporate content partnerships in new and interesting ways
- Write engaging marketing copy that stands out from the crowd, with a keen nose for what makes great content and the ability to find angles that will grab reader interest
- Work with internal teams including creative and video production, editorial, digital, and commercial.
We need someone who…
- Loves all areas of marketing and is keen to constantly learn new concepts and skills, push themselves, and get insanely good results from campaigns
- Is exceptionally organised and can manage the many moving parts of a campaign, making sure everything is tracked and documented in spreadsheets or platforms
- Is a phenomenal communicator, both with clients and internal teams, to make sure things run smoothly and teams are all on the same page
- Knows their way around marketing strategy – you can talk the talk (and walk the walk obviously) about funnels and customer journeys, demand gen and lead qualifying, content pillars and amplification, and the ins and outs of paid social, SEO and SEM.
- Has a background in tech and/or B2B marketing – not essential but will be looked upon favourably
- Is obsessed with finding new ways of solving problems, comes up with unique and out-of-the-box approaches to getting results, and just loves to get shit done
- Has a good head on them, works well with other people (we’re a small business after all…) and doesn’t have a problem with wearing many hats and helping out teammates when needed
The right person should send us a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org