Pinstripe Media is looking for a dynamic, hungry self-starter to build partnerships with some of Australia largest brands and organisations as we migrate to a full service offering.
The successful candidate will join during a great phase of the business as we re-strategise, roll-out a new brand and move into our brand new office at Barangaroo.
Our business will offer a high performer great insight into the publisher network, so we need someone who is passionate about managing blue chip clients, has the ability to talk strategically about their business as well as help shape their communication strategy.
This is a full-time new business sales and account management role tasked with identifying prospects, converting them to sales, managing the business and building long term relationships.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a history of over-performance and results in a relevant sales environment such as a digital publisher, media agency, or digital marketing agency.
They will be passionate about finding new opportunities to generate revenue in a shifting media landscape, and able to think outside the box to identify new potential partnerships. Demonstrable knowledge and sales experience across digital media is essential to success in this role.
It goes without saying that the successful candidate will be confident and articulate, display strong sales and networking capabilities and be able to present their ideas to C-level stakeholders in a diverse range of industries from finance to telecommunications and logistics.
The remuneration package includes base salary plus commission that encourages and rewards over-performance. The role is based in Barangaroo, Sydney and may involve occasional interstate travel.
1. New Business Development
- Research potential clients and identify key decision makers
- Prospect potential clients to develop relationships with key decision makers and identify new business opportunities
- Work with key internal stakeholders to develop solutions for the clients needs
- Develop high quality sales documents and materials to support pitches
- Accurately price solutions and services to ensure profitability is maintained and appropriate margins are priced in
- Manage long-term client relationships and build repeat business.
2. Planning and competitor analysis
- Understand the competitive landscape
- Attend networking events on behalf of Pinstripe Media
- Understand and be able to clearly articulate Pinstripe Media’s unique selling proposition and competitive advantages compared to the market
3. Retention and development
- Keep management and key stakeholders informed during the sales process
- Manage the client relationship once a sale is complete and introduce the appropriate business teams.
- Regularly check in with existing clients to ensure agreed items have been delivered and to identify any new potential opportunities
- Maintain accurate records of all meetings in the CRM
- Maintain an up to date sales pipeline with accurate figures
- Submit weekly progress reports against agreed targets
5. Skill set
- 2 – 3+ years experience in a media agency or other media or finance related sales role.
- Exceptional communicator with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Confident presenter at an executive level
- Strong networking, relationship management and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex sales processes
- Driven self-starter with a passion and skill for getting deals across the line
- Strong time management skills
- Bachelor degree preferred but not essential
How to apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your relevant experience including links to your online professional profile.
Only candidates resident and with working rights in Australia need apply.