Pinstripe Media is looking for an enthusiastic and conscientious salesperson to build partnerships with some of Australia most influential organisations as we bring amazing business and finance content to audiences right across the country. Our extensive media network creates a huge range of opportunities for partnerships.
If you’re the right person, then you’ll join the team in our brand new office in Barangaroo, alongside some other exciting businesses and our start-of-the-art studios. You’ll be given the opportunity to build and develop opportunities right across our suite of broadcast and digital publishing brands, as well as our content marketing offering which gives some of the nation’s most important brands a unique and powerful way to connect with audiences.
As a result, we need someone who is passionate about coming up with ways to help clients meet their objectives with clever and creative strategic plans that work across a variety of media and content formats and platforms. Whether it’s digital advertising and lead-gen campaigns, branded content series, events (physical or virtual), podcasts, even TV programs, you’ll be using all of the tools at your disposal to get results for the client.
This is a full-time new business and account management role tasked with identifying prospects, converting them to sales, managing the business and building long term relationships. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a history of performance and results in a relevant sales environment such as a digital publisher, media or content agency, or somewhere else that fosters a culture of commercial greatness.
They will be passionate about finding new opportunities to generate revenue in a shifting media landscape, and able to think outside the box to identify new potential partnerships. It goes without saying that the successful candidate will be confident and articulate, display strong sales and networking capabilities and be able to present their ideas to C-level stakeholders in a diverse range of industries from finance to telecommunications and logistics.
The remuneration package includes base salary plus commission that encourages and rewards over-performance. The role is based in Barangaroo, Sydney and may involve occasional interstate travel.
1. New Business Development
- Research potential clients and identify key decision makers
- Prospect potential clients to develop relationships with key decision makers and identify new business opportunities
- Work with key internal stakeholders to develop solutions for the clients needs
- Develop high quality sales documents and materials to support pitches
- Accurately price solutions and services to ensure profitability is maintained and appropriate margins are priced in
- Manage long-term client relationships and build repeat business.
2. Planning and competitor analysis
- Understand the competitive landscape
- Attend networking events on behalf of Pinstripe Media
- Understand and be able to clearly articulate Pinstripe Media’s unique selling proposition and competitive advantages compared to the market
3. Retention and development
- Keep management and key stakeholders informed during the sales process
- Manage the client relationship once a sale is complete and introduce the appropriate business teams.
- Regularly check in with existing clients to ensure agreed items have been delivered and to identify any new potential opportunities
- Maintain accurate records of all meetings in the CRM
- Maintain an up to date sales pipeline with accurate figures
- Submit weekly progress reports against agreed targets
5. Skill set
- 2 – 3+ years experience in the media/publishing industry or a similar role in a relatable industry
- Exceptional communicator with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Confident presenter at an executive level
- Strong networking, relationship management and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex sales processes
- Driven self-starter with a passion and skill for getting deals across the line
- Strong time management skills
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com